It’s Wednesday, meaning the PHS Pops Up Garden is open as usual. But today offers something extra: an announcement regarding the hugely popular Restaurant Week. True, Center City District’s Restaurant Week, presented by TD Bank, doesn’t start until September—but it’s never too soon to whet our collective appetite.
The garden is typically open from noon to 2 pm, but swing by at 11:30 am to learn how a new partnership will bring the freshest ingredients to the finest restaurants in Center City; how to easily access Restaurant Week on the go; and where to find your favorite Restaurant Week recipes! Plus, enjoy samples from R2L and Square 1682.
Speakers for the event include:
• Paul Levy, President and CEO, Center City District
• Meryl Levitz, President and CEO, Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation
• Drew Becher, President, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
• Ron Matthew, Greater Philadelphia Market President, TD Bank
• Chris DiGennaro, General Manager, R2L Restaurant
On a related note, remember that you can rely on Philly Homegrown for the latest information on fresh food and real local flavor.