Are you interested in starting a community garden, but aren’t sure where to begin? Well, begin here, at a one-day Garden Tenders crash course designed to teach you how to get a garden up and growing in no time.
Some possible questions this training might answer include:
- Who owns the land on my street?
- How do I get permission to use it?
- What about those fenced-in lots around the city?
- What if there’s no land near me—what else can I do?
- Where can I get help?
- How do I get my neighbors involved in making a community garden?
- What about soil, seeds, plants, supplies—where do they come from?
- What can I plant? When? How?
- How can I get a garden started at my school?
The class is open to everyone—individuals, groups, educators—who might be interested in starting a community garden in their neighborhood. The cost is $10 per person.
When? Thursday, November 17 from 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Where? PHS Headquarters, 100 N. 20th St., 5th floor
To register, click here.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or contact Dawn at 215-988-8845.